Terms & Conditions DubaiSTANDARD TRADING CONDITION FOR INTERNATIONAL & DOMESTIC HOUSEHOLD EFFECTS SHIPMENTS
Services provided by INTEREM (International Removals Division of Freight Systems DWC LLC (Subject to detailed arrangements agreed with Individual clients/Quotations)
Origin Services: Full export packing of the personal effects at the residence, Provisions of new packing materials of international standards, packing of furniture with hardboard sheets, plastic and corrugated sheets, Wrapping/cushioning of Glassware, crockery and curios with white paper, Bubble wrap for all the fragile/sensitive items, usage of naphthalene & silica gel sachets wherever required, Special furniture pads for all the furniture, completion of inventory list, Transportation of the effects with the use of covered vehicle/s and an escort from origin to our warehouse, erection of special tailor made wooden case for pictures/painting and glass top, Loading and packing all items, preparing and distributing all necessary documentations and instructions.
Transportation/Freight Services: Arranging and paying for all en route transportation by land, sea and/or air including port handling charges bunker, congestion and currency exchange surcharges. Attending to customs export formalities.
Destination Services: Attending to customs clearance formalities at destination, Providing inland transportation, co-ordination of delivery services and unpacking, setting up and reassembling furniture, disposing of packing material.
Storage Services: Good that are being “left behind” are treated as separate shipment, packaged and loaded into storage container lift vans and held in a secure warehouse until the owner returns and delivery and unpacking is required. Storage charges are based on one time charge for preparation and transportation to storage warehouse, a monthly charge for storage and further one time charge for delivery. Storage insurance is also available at an additional charge. However, the customer/clients are requested to give separate instructions to effect the storage insurance.
Exclusions: Quoted rate unless specified exclude custom duties and taxes, DO/ THC/ Port handling and storage, demurrage and detention charges, delivery above 2th floor, piano & heavy lift, en route storage, abnormal destination access and services of specialized tradesman. All/any exclusions will be mentioned in our quotation accordingly.
Validity: Quote is valid for 30 days from date of submission.
Payment Terms: As specified in the quotation or specific service agreement if applicable.
The owners agree that this transaction shall be governed by the laws of city of Dubai.
- Company Liability
The Company’s liability shall be limited to the value of the actual loss or damage to a maximum liability of AED 1.50 per Kg per article, piece or package with the exception of boats, automobiles or other motorised vehicles, for which the maximum liability of is limited AED 0.50 per Kg. Based on the volume provided by the client/shipper all risk insurance will be arranged through us and in an event of damage the terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy will apply. The client is to ensure that a valued inventory list is provided and insurance application form completed before the shipment is picked up from the residence. If no application is completed, it will be presumed that the client does not require insurance to be arranged through us.
The Company will not be liable for the following losses or damages:
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, dampness or atmosphere, extremes of temperature, deterioration, moth or other insects, inherent vice and hidden or internal damage to goods not packed or unpacked by the company or its agents.
- Loss or damage to documents, accounts, specific, bills, currency, money, rules, securities, jewelry, watches, precious stones, furs or any similar items.
- Breakage, chipping, marring, dealing or scratching unless the item is packed by the Company or its agents.
- The contents of packages and articles in drawers of furniture unless packed by the Company or its agents.
- Mechanical or electrical malfunctions of items with electronic or mechanical components such as entertainment or household appliances, computers, automobiles or other vehicles or boats unless evidenced by external damage to such items:
- Piano tuning;
- Deterioration or injury to perishable foods, plants
- Damage to waterbed mattresses however caused.
- Delays caused by faulty or impossible highways, lack of capacity of any highway, bridge, ferry or caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles, vessels or aircraft.
Goods placed in storage are insured only if specified and storage charges/insurance would be applicable as per quotations given stores at owner’s risk. Storage rates do not include insurance.
The Company is not liable for loss, damage or delay caused by an act of God, public enemies, riots, strikes, lock-out, stoppage or restraint of labour, the consequences of which the Company is unable to avoid by the exercise of reasonable diligence acts or defaults of the owner, the authority of law, quarantine or any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- Absence of Owner or his Agent at Loading or Delivery:
Where, though no fault of the Company, the final carrier is unable to effect delivery to the owner or at the owners request the shipments is stopped and held en route, the company shall have the right to store the goods at a public licensed warehouse, subject to reasonable charges for storage and there held at the risk of the owner, without liability of the Company and subject to a lieu for all freight and other lawful charges including a reasonable charge for storage.
Where the Company is directed to take then effects from a place or places where the Owner or his agents is not present, we will collect the same in an as is basis and at owners risk. Similarly, goods shall be delivered at Owners’ risk at places where no authorized person is present to receive and sign for the shipment.
- Rights of Subrogation and Payment of Lawful charges
The Company is entitled to recover from any shipping line, air line, rail, road carrier or warehouse involved in this contract, the amount of any loss, damage or injury that it may be required to pay hereunder, caused by or resulting from their handling of the goods. Loss or damage on route shall not relieve the owner from the owner’s obligation hereunder to pay freight and all other lawful charges accruing from the moving and or storage services.
- Explosives and or Dangerous Goods and goods requiring special care and handling.
Any person, whether as owner or agents, shipping or storing explosives or dangerous goods without previous full written disclosure of their nature to the Company or its agent, shall indemnify the Company against all loss, damage or injury caused thereby and the goods may be warehoused at the risk and expense of the owner.
- Storage of Household Goods
The Owner undertakes and agree to:
- To notify the Company within 2 days from the date of pick up, of any discrepancy in the goods so listed on the receipt. Failing such notification, the Company shall be responsible only for the goods listed in the inventory receipt.
- To notify the Company in writing and within 30 days of any change in its contact address.
- To pay all or any charges for storage services as provided in this Agreement, Storage charges shall be assessed monthly in advance of each month or part thereof. Accounts are payable forthwith when invoiced and thereafter interest of 2% per month will be levied on the invoice amount.
- Written notification of any adjustment to monthly storage charges will be provided 90 days in advance,
The Company reserves the rights to:
- To transfer the goods stored hereunder to any other Company or agents warehouse within the local region. Such transfer will be at the Company’s expertise and subject to providing the owner with written notification of the change.
- b) To terminate the storage contract by providing the owner with 90 days written notice. In the event that the owner fails to remove the goods in the time specified, then the company does at owner’s expense.
- To require seven (7) days written notice of intended total removal of goods from storage or of any access for examination or partial removal. Delivery and or access charges are as addition to exactly storage rates and will be charged at the rates prevailing at the time.
- The Company shall have a general lien on any and all property deposited with it. In the event that storage and other related charges are not paid them when due, and after the required notice to the Owner and/or public announcement (wherein required), the goods shall be sold at public auction, as required by law, with the proceeds going firstly to pay Service charges, storage charges and other related charges and the expenses incurred in the sale/auction of the goods.
Any and all claims for loss or damage to the goods shall be submitted to the Company. Initial written notification of such loss or damage must be reported within 03 (Three) days of delivery of the goods. A full written report, setting out the details of the claims, including estimates of the amount claimed must be submitted to the Company. In the absence of these notifications the Owner hereby waives and agrees to waive all claims for loss or damage. Claims for missing items will only be reviewed if the shortages / loss is noted on the delivery document/ receipt at the time of accepting delivery from the company or its representative / agent.
When the Company acts as a sub-contractor to deliver imports the terms and conditions covering such shipments are those contained in the contract between the client and originating mover.11.Contract
These terms and conditions taken along with the information provided on the quotation shall represent the entire agreement.