Let’s commemorate this day, June 21 – The International Yoga Day, by understanding the importance and benefits this 5000 year Indian tradition called YOGA can offer. Yoga is often understood only partially as a physical exercise- one related to poses (asanas). However, Yoga is much more, as it enables unity of mind and body, thought & action, restraint & fulfilment, harmony between man and nature. In short, a holistic approach to health and well-being of the human.
On this day, let us look at how Yoga helps in self awareness:
- Regular practice of Yoga poses, pranayama (breathing techniques) & meditation improves health, gives mental strength, improves physical strength, protects from injury & detoxifies the body.
- Sun Salutation and Kapal Bhati pranayama when practiced regularly makes us more sensitive to our body and its needs, keeping a check on the food intake and body weight.
- A few minutes of yoga daily is the best way to get rid of stress, both in the body and mind.
- Yoga is a great way to calm disturbances and anxiety in the mind and help us enjoy peacefulness any time of the day.
- Yoga poses help massage organs and strengthens muscles while breathing techniques and meditation release stress and improve immunity. This neutralises any irregularity in the body that could affect the peacefulness of the mind or similarly, unpleasantness or restlessness in the mind that can develop as an ailment in the body. A remedy for both mind and body.
- Yoga and pranayama helps one stay happy and focused by creating awareness of the mind’s tendencies and protect us from getting stressed.
- Yoga and meditation aids in keeping the mind relaxed and content, enhancing one’s ability to successfully deal with sensitive relationship matters.
- A few minutes of yoga every day boosts your energy level and keeps you fresh. A 10-minute meditation in the middle of a hectic day will charge you up for the rest of the day.
- Regular yoga practice stretches and tones the body muscles making them strong and helps improve your body posture.
- Yoga and meditation when regularly practiced have the power to improve your intuitive ability, helping you spontaneously realize what needs to be done, when and how, to yield positive results.
So go ahead, practice YOGA and experience a new way of living- In peace and harmony.
Interem conducted a series of workshops across all our offices to encourage our staff to incorporate this healthy practice in their daily lives.
Live healthy. Live long.